Band Camp Information-2020
Final Payment for band camp: May 29, 2020
- All members = $330.00 (tentatively) includes the use of facilities/lodging/meals/camp instruction & cookie shack fee
- New members = $420.00 (tentatively) includes above items plus your t-shirt, shorts, shoes, knit hat, drawstring bag, water bottle, & socks which are part of your uniform. It also include the $5 cookie shack fee.
- All checks made payable to: BBOP (Bedford Band & Orchestra Parents)
- Payment will be sent to Hiram College on June 1. For arrangements, contact the treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any late payments will be returned to you and your child will be removed from the band roster unless arrangements have been made with the treasurer.
- All percussionists need to pay for their sticks and lyres/music folios. These items are the property of the student. If an item is lost, the student will have to pay to replace it. A current price list will be available on the band office window.
Both Home and Away Camp are to be attended by
ALL band members AND the color guard
Uniform Fitting: June 1st (current members only) and June 3rd (freshman/new students) in the high school band room from 6:00-7:30 pm.
CURRENT MEMBERS, please check your shoes, shirt & shorts to make sure they fit and are in good condition prior to uniform fitting so you can order new ones if needed!
**EVERYONE MUST COME IN AND TRY ON A UNIFORM**
If you don’t, your uniform could be used for someone else. Bring your $$ for shoes, shirt, shorts, hat, bag & water bottle. New members, your total of $420.00 (tentatively) for camp includes your accessories.
Home Camp: July 20-23 (Band Room) (M-Th)
- Section Leaders/Leadership only-training 4-8 pm — Full Band 6-8 pm
- July 15 (New members, section leaders ONLY)
- July 16-18 (All band members including color guard) (T-W-Th)
- Camp Payment must be received prior to participation
Percussion Camp: July 20-23 (Band Room) (Tues-Th)
- Camp hours are 9:00 am – 12:00 pm and is voluntary
Guard Camp: July 20-23-19 (Aux Gym) (9:00-3:30 pm Mon-Thu)
- Full camp payment must be received prior to participation
- Additional guard expenses for new members may include the following:
COST IS ESTIMATED, based on prior years cost. They may increase.
- Guard Shoes: $35.00
- Jacket: $40.00
- Crop Top: $20.00
- Pants: $40.00
Band Pictures: July 24 (Friday) from 10-12 (Stadium)
- You do not have to purchase pictures, but please come so we can have a complete group photo which will be used for the yearbook and football programs. Uniforms will be distributed.
Away Camp: July 26 – July 31 (Hiram College) Sunday-Friday
- Check in 7:00 pm (Sunday night) – Please do not plan to sign in any earlier (only overnight chaperones may check in early)
- Group Meeting: 9:00 pm
- In Room: 11:00 pm
- Check out 1:00 pm (Friday afternoon)
- Band Show 7:00 pm @ BHS Stadium on Friday, July 31st