Band Camp Information-2020
Everyone has the question “what is going to happen with band camp?” As of right now we are still planning on being at the Hiram campus as we normally do every year. So plan on packing and making payments as normal. We understand that some families are undergoing some hardship due to the COVID-19 situation. If you need to postpone payments for now, please contact the treasurer, Sharon Vlk, at email@example.com.
Final Payment for band camp: May 29, 2020
- All members = $330.00 (tentatively) includes the use of facilities/lodging/meals/camp instruction & cookie shack fee
- New members = $420.00 (tentatively) includes above items plus your t-shirt, shorts, shoes, knit hat, drawstring bag, water bottle, & socks which are part of your uniform. It also include the $5 cookie shack fee.
- All checks made payable to: BBOP (Bedford Band & Orchestra Parents)
- Payment will be sent to Hiram College on June 1. For arrangements, contact the treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any late payments will be returned to you and your child will be removed from the band roster unless arrangements have been made with the treasurer.
- All percussionists need to pay for their sticks and lyres/music folios. These items are the property of the student. If an item is lost, the student will have to pay to replace it. A current price list will be available on the band office window.
Both Home and Away Camp are to be attended by
ALL band members AND the color guard
Click here to see information about 2020 uniform fitting
RETURNING MEMBERS, please check your shoes, shirt & shorts to make sure they fit and are in good condition prior to uniform fitting so you can order new ones if needed!
**EVERYONE MUST COME IN AND TRY ON A UNIFORM**
If you don’t, your uniform could be given to someone else. Bring your $$ for shoes, shirt, shorts, hat, bag, water bottle & socks. New members, your total of $420.00 (tentatively) for camp includes your accessories & cookie shack fee.
Home Camp: July 20-23 (Band Room) (M-Th)
- Section Leaders/Leadership only-training 4-6 pm — Full Band 6-8 pm
- July 15 (New members, section leaders ONLY)
- July 16-18 (All band members including color guard) (T-W-Th)
- Camp Payment must be received prior to participation
Percussion Camp: July 20-23 (Band Room) (Tues-Th)
Camp hours are 9:00 am – 12:00 pm and is voluntary
Guard Camp: July 20-23 (Aux Gym) (9:00-3:30 pm Mon-Thu)
- Full camp payment must be received prior to participation
- Additional guard expenses for new members may include the following:
COST IS ESTIMATED, based on prior years cost. They may increase.
- Guard Shoes: $35.00
- Jacket: $40.00
- Crop Top: $20.00
- Pants: $40.00
Band Pictures: July 24 (Friday) from 10-12 (Stadium)
You do not have to purchase pictures, but please come so we can have a complete group photo which will be used for the yearbook and football programs. Uniforms will be distributed.
Away Camp: July 26 – July 31 (Hiram College) Sunday-Friday
- Check in 7:00 pm (Sunday night) – Please do not plan to sign in any earlier (only overnight chaperones may check in early)
- Group Meeting: 9:00 pm
- In Room: 11:00 pm
- Check out 1:00 pm (Friday afternoon)
- Band Show 7:00 pm @ BHS Stadium on Friday, July 31st